Here's the recipe
3lb's Anderson farms ground Lamb, and 2lbs Carlton Farms ground pork ( Great fat/meat ratio)
40 grams Kosher Salt
5 grams cure #2
17 grams Bacto Ferm F-RM-52
1/3 cup water
25 grams dextrose
4 oz red wine ( mosen cleto.. grenache/tempranillo blend )
25 grams cayenne pepper
10 grams bactoferm Mold 600 culture (to be sprayed on salami for development of white mold"fiore")
I then used 80 grams each of green Zattar Spice for half the mixture and 80 grams of Berbere spice for the other half ( stuffed separately)
I froze the mixing bowl the night before and then threw the meat in the freezer for an hour to keep everything cold and keep emulsification to a minimum ( same with the metal parts of the sausage stuffer ).
Mix everything together by hand, saving the bactoferm culture for the last part ( I put the meat back in the freezer for about 30 mins while doing my prep, then pulled it out and added the bactoferm and mixed well.
After tying off, it's into my ghetto fermenter ( aka- tupperware container in my oven, with the door cracked, light on, and covered by a towel ) at around 85 degrees F for 3 days. After that, it's off to the "curing chamber" Aka Mancave, now Home Office to hang for about 4-6 weeks or until they've lost about 30% of their weight
Stay tuned.. they've been hanging for about a week now and look ( and smell) great.. I think I"ll be able to cut one of the "chubs" next weekned to test.